Thursday 19 December 2013

Stuff in Ban Saphanthong

Michael took me to his favourite coffee shop, Naked Espresso and I have to admit that it was damn good coffee, as was the antipasto toasted sandwich that followed.  Damn good.  I loved their sign which read

                                          

From there I headed off to walk to the supermarket around the corner but somehow I decided to just "check out" the next street along. 

                                   

It was so pretty, with lovely apartment blocks and some lovely shops leading to the Phat Tich Temple (complete with wax model Monk sitting at the altar, the Vientiane Prefecture Offices, the United Nations Building and then the gorgeous Wat That Foun where I watched the local workers gather round for lunch, the Monks hanging their robes to dry in the sun and generally take in the beautiful park like grounds.



                                         

                                         



                                           

                                          

                                          

                                        



       

                                  

I keep walking to Patuxay where I wandered the park, people watched and checked out the weird take off of the Arc d'Triomphe, ala Lao PDR.  Not only is the structure weird but some of the people there were even weirder.  This guy was captured form a long distance away so he has lost some of the character lines that were so obvious up close.  I so wanted a close ip but just at that desperate moment....... the camera died.

                                   

                                  

                                  



                                  

I carry on walking and eventually get to the supermarket where I grab a few things for the wedding and grab a tuktuk to go home.  Smartie me thinks she knows the way to Saphanthong better than the driver and shows him the way to go.  The next minute I see the Vientiane International School which i know is quite a waynout of the way.  Next thing I see Panyathip Kindergarten, where Bianca works so pop in to say hello and drop the shopping off to her.  What a lovely place to work, modern, clean, colourful with a bunch of gorgeous wee kids hanging on her every word.

I leave my shopping and walk home where I spend the afternoon doing miscellaneous wedding related tasks.  Michael was cooking again, roast chicken with spuds and carrots and the divine aromas were distracting me as I pottered.  Dinner turned out to be another 5 star meal.  Thanks Michael.

No comments:

Post a Comment