Monday 3 November 2014

.......and now it's over

After a few hours spent at the Auckland Koru Lounge I get on my final flight home.  My awesome friend Sue was waiting for me when I arrived and took me home, left me with my car and everything I needed for my cheese on toast.  I felt better already.

And so my trip is over. Now I have many photos and many memories to sift through and many pages of blog to update, add some emotion and decent descriptions and then, as with my other trips, put them into a book. In due course.  For the time being all I can do is focus on the bits I will remember.
Although there were many stuff ups there were also some amazing good bits and hoping that they will be the ones that I remember the most


Best City: HoChiMinh City
I loved the smiling people.  I loved the food. I loved the contrasts. I loved the green. I loved the boulevards

                            


The Best Pho -  HCMC 



The best ancient ruins:  Ta Prohm and Bantay Srei.  
Both so different and both so gorgeous.
 
  


The best mountain scenic walk: Bangkok
The path up to Golden Mount




The best religious experiences
The memorial celebration for Somdet Phra Nyanasamvara
That Luang festivities at Si Mueng and That Luang temples






The haunting mist hanging over the Kaarsts in Vang Vieng - the most scenic experience
Weaving and batik work at Ock Tok Pop in Luang prabang - the best craft experience
The staff at Ock Tok Pop - the friendliest funniest staff
The Tamarind cooking class in Luang prabang - the best food experience
The morning food market in Luang Prabang - the best market
Le banneton - croissants and apple pies to die for - the best french pastry
The Kamu Lodge Experience - the best "people" experience and the best rural experience
BeerLao - the best drink
Naked Espresso, Vientiane - the best coffee
Hanoi Old Quarter - the maddest place, but far from the reality of the rest of the serene city
Kid on the street corner in Hanoi - the craziest kid
Koto Restaurant - the best restaurant meal
The corner food place in Hanois Old corner - the best Hanoi street food
Hoan Kiem Lake Christmas Eve walk round the lake - the best local celebration
Shoes for Sapa - the one and only charitable experience and the best thing about Sapa
HoiAn's beef stuffed betel leaf meal - the best casual street food
HoiAn's lanterns - the prettiest place
The "wedding" - the most beautiful occasion
Setting off floating lanterns at the "wedding" - the most surreal experience
The Alms procession in Luang Prabang.  Should not be in this section but such a joke it has to be mentioned - The biggest joke


No comments:

Post a Comment